Fleeting News

Friday, December 18, 2009

Land of the Lost

As a child, my favorite show was Land of the Lost, although I used to call it "Yand of the Yost." (I had a problem pronouncing my L's as a child.) I know it was filmed and aired in the 70s, but I made sure to see the re-runs all through the 90s. I recently got the first three seasons on DVD. I have to say it is pretty terrible. The acting is lame, the graphics are cheap, and it is not even remotely frightening. Nevertheless, I still think it is one of the best fucking shows ever made! Once I sit down and start watching, I have to watch at least 5 episodes in a row or I'm not satisfied.

If anyone enjoys the side effects of LSD or marijuana, I suggest you get this box set and make a day of it. You will not be let down. Trust me. I did not see the new Land of the Lost movie and I really don't care to. One: it looks like a piece of shit; and two: I'm perfectly happy with the original versions of my favorite LOTL episodes. Get the box set...... Amazon 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home