Fleeting News

Friday, November 6, 2009

Phrazes for the Young

Everyone knows Julian Casablancas as a song writer and lead singer for The Strokes. I suggest you get to know him as a solo artist as well. Explore Julian's synth/keyboard/electronic side on his new album Phrazes for the Young. I find the album uplifting in its Melody's, instrumentation, and words. Before listening I suspected to hear a Strokesy sound and I was most certainly surprised by this new sound Casablancas is exploring. I don't expect everyone to like this, and for the die hard Stokes fans keep an open mind. Its nice to hear how far away from the Strokes Julian has gone with this new album. Really lets you know how much band members have influence on each other and how there musical horizons widen through time. check it out!

Check out his music:

1 Comments:

Blogger John Vantine said...

Definitely digging this album. He is playing here in LA on Friday, but tickets are $35 (before Ticketmaster fees) so I doubt I'm gonna check it out. Someone told me that he said the new Strokes album will be a combination of Thin Lizzy and Elvis Costello, so that should be interesting.

November 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home