Fleeting News

Monday, November 9, 2009

Edgar Allen Poe

I started a book called Collected Tales And Poems Of Edgar Allan Poe and I'm really excited about it. I went through the first two story's The Tell-Tail Heart and The Black Cat. I find them both fooling with the notion of Karma. I really dig his writing style and think hes quite ahead of his time. When I read books its usually like a span of time where I read and then put it down for a while. I think I'm going to need to finish this in one span of time. Does anyone have a favorite story or poem to suggest to me? Let me know. If you need a little help, go here: http://www.poestories.com/

thanks to SIRXLEM for the pic of Mr. Poe.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cask of Amontillado and of course The Raven are two must reads. Being musicians, you may enjoy The Bells as well, if read correctly out loud listeners should hear sounds reminiscent of various types of bells throughout the readings - a brilliant intentional writing on Mr. Poe's part. Sorry I missed the show the other day!!! Said I was coming but didn't quite realize how broke I was till I checked my bank account :P I'll keep an eye out for your next show and def try to make that one, you guys have a great sound!

Ryan.

November 9, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home